Threads

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Sep 28 01:16:00 PDT 2007

> right requirements. If I remember correctly you were asking for new
> requirements few posts ago. I still haven't seen that.

No, I was asking for requirements for a SV. And I haven't seen that either.

> On the other hand, I think that the discussion of vocabularies AND
> ontologies, of SKOS or OWL, is perfectly irrelevant to the present
> user requirements.
> And the draft is a (perfectible) response to those.

Can you point us to the wiki page or other document listing those user
requirements. If they are spread across emails or presentations, it would be
useful if you could either add them to the use case wiki page I created a
couple of days ago or create one of your own. Then the wg can assess the
relevance for itself.

Your Note was about a 'Standard Vocabulary': in any discussion of a
vocabulary, SKOS and OWL are certainly relevant, more so than UCD-like
tokens. (Indeed, maybe it is time to convert UCDs into a more standard form,
like SKOS, and drop the tokenised form altogether?)

T.