membership request

Markus Dolensky Markus.Dolensky at eso.org
Fri Sep 14 02:22:08 PDT 2007

Andrea Preite Martinez wrote:
> I think I found the origin of the "qui pro quo" : the WG twiki page  was
> created (probably by Markus?) with the following sentence

Just saw my name in this posting. So, in case - one can look up who
wrote what by following 'Diffs' at the bottom of a wiki topic (wasn't
me, but it shouldn't matter). Anyway, for the record - here is the story
behind it:

The current Semantics WG is a merger of the UCD WG and Semantics IG
forums. Therefore, a number of people never subscribed to Semantics but
to UCD only. So, it was an additional 'opportunity' to tell the chair
person - hey, I used to 'actively participate' in the other part of the
newly merged group and wish to continue with this or that task. This
should be understood in context with the sentence about the merger one
line above. Meanwhile the sentence is probably obsolete and should be
removed/changed.

-Markus