membership request

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Thu Sep 13 13:54:03 PDT 2007

> Can you elaborate on the workflow, Rob? Al's post seemed to imply that
> inserting semantic tools anywhere would be too time-costly to be
> worthwhile.

Briefly, a typical packet must assume no intrinsic dependencies on
remote services.  Certain applications require split second
guaranteed turnaround.  If we can arrange for the semantics to be
loosely bound to the packets via references, I suspect we'll find
lots of other use cases that will benefit as strongly from
"ontological thinking" as any other astronomical application.

Rob