Vocabulary: Ontology

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Sep 11 03:31:07 PDT 2007

<< The biggest distinction between the VO and similar efforts in
bioinformatics, for instance, is a budget that is a couple orders of
magnitude smaller.>>

So why don't we take advantage of all the money they've spent on developing
standards and tools to work with those standards. It seems a little perverse
to say that we have less money so we'll spend it duplicating what others
have already done.

And I'm sure it would not take much hunting to find examples of equally
obtuse text from astronomers or even (heaven forfend) astro-developers.

T.