IAU thesaurus in RDF (an update)

Alasdair Gray agray at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Wed Oct 10 03:01:41 PDT 2007

The issue of individuals in a thesaurus raises all sorts of questions.

1.  Which do you include/exclude?

2.  What do you do about the ones that you have missed/not yet
discovered?

There is also an issue about how to represent individuals in a
thesaurus.

1.  Are they a concept?

2.  Should they only exist as part of a collection?

At the moment, I only have lots of questions about individuals and no
answers and I have spent several days mulling over these issues.

Cheers,

Alasdair

Alasdair J G Gray

Research Associate: Explicator Project