Format of tokens

Andrea Preite Martinez andrea.preitemartinez at iasf-roma.inaf.it
Thu Nov 15 00:32:11 PST 2007

Hi Brian,

> #AstroObject
> #	CompoundObject
>
> This looks like a 'grouping' concept which is always 'abstract'
> (never a direct instance
> created. Do we really want stuff like that in the Thesaurus/Vocab?
> I'll agree its needed
> in the Ontology, just not sure about in the dictionary where I'd
> expect all the concepts
> to be 'concrete'.

I'm not proposing anything. Just wanted to show that if you want to
better navigate in the vocabulary you need to define "groups" that can
also be "abstract", why not. If it's good for an ontology...

> #	Unknown
>
> This one is problematic..I'd expect it to not be a descendant of
> 'AstroObject' since there are
> other types of unknowns.

It was not counted among the 7 TopLevel. It's an empty bag used for
test classification!

Andrea
Andrea Preite Martinez                 andrea.preitemartinez at iasf-roma.inaf.it
IASF                                   Tel.IASF:+39.06.4993.4641
Via del Fosso del Cavaliere 100        Tel.CDS :+33.3.90242452
I-00133 Roma                           Cell.   :+39.320.43.15.383
                                        Skype   :andrea.preite.martinez