Format of tokens

Frederic V. Hessman Hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.de
Fri Nov 9 04:16:33 PST 2007

The original IAU thesaurus in SKOS format in a semi-final form along
with the latest IVOAT and experimental math thesauri are available at
the cleaned up site

		http://www.astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~hessman/rdf/

Others are forthcoming.   As each thesaurus is nominally OK'd by the
semantics group (e.g. IAU93), they need to be moved to the IVOA.

Have we agreed on the
TokenSyntaxMostLikelyToBeLeastDispleasingToTheLargestNumberOfSemanticsWo
rkingGroupMembers?  If so, I believe the IAU93 thesaurus can be
declared practically done.   Check off item, move to next....

On 6 Nov 2007, at 2:29 pm, Rob Seaman wrote:

> I might add that therefore limiting the effort to SKOSifying the
> IAU Thesaurus will bring the most rapid IAU recognition possible.
> In the mean time, there's no reason we can't use intermediate work
> products within the IVOA.  - Rob

Indeed there's no reason why we can't have several thesauri up and
running when we present the SKOS proposal to the IVOA and IAU.  I
believe that Rob is practically finished with the VOEvent
thesaurus.....   If IVOAT is preliminarily finished, then hopefully
people will simply nod at the fact that IAU93 is formally expressed
for compability and political purposes but not bother to use it
(heaven forbid).

Rick

Dr. Frederic V. Hessman     Hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.DE
Institut für Astrophysik          Tel.  +49-551-39-5052
Friedrich-Hund-Platz 1         Fax +49-551-39-5043
37077 Goettingen                 Room F04-133
http://www.Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.de/~hessman
MONET: a MOnitoring NEtwork of Telescopes
http://monet.Uni-Goettingen.de