Voting on gormat of tokens (was Re: IVOA Thesaurus)

Douglas Burke dburke at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 1 12:26:34 PDT 2007

I vote for there being some form of
normalization/canonicalization/some-other-ization of the Human-readable
terms. The important ones for me are all lower case (as I've found too
many errors in my own work from case mismatches [*]) and the removal of
problematic characters (or combinations of characters). I don't have a
real opinion on whether spaces should be removed or replaced by "_".

[* Are there issues with this particular choice in Ed's ontology
use-case below?]

Doug