What use the AstroOntology

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Mon Mar 5 14:49:18 PST 2007

Kirk
All of what you say about tags and tagging and tag-clouds is true.
However, social sites like Flickr and Blogspot use unconstrained tags
(i.e. whatever you like), and they have millions of users. So perhaps
the Virtual Observatory could save a lot of effort by allowing
unconstrained tagging? Thus a VOEvent that is a supernova could be
tagged "SN" or "supernova" and everyone would be perfectly happy?
Roy