TN on Ontology

Andrea Preite Martinez andrea.preitemartinez at iasf-roma.inaf.it
Tue Oct 31 06:01:19 PST 2006

I'm glad to announce that a Technical Note

"Ontology of Astronomical Object Types" V0.1

is now available on the twiki page of the Semantics WG, together with
the complete
Javadoc documentation (formats .zip or tar.gz) of the draft ontology.
Comments and contributions are warmly welcome.

It is worth noting that the ontology is made of "defined" concepts,
and only a fraction
of them has been defined, for the moment only in terms of components
and/or morphology
and/or processes.
Nothing yet has been done in terms of observational properties. Work
is in progress.

I then ask for the contribution of the members of the WG and of the
scientific community
to help finding the necessary and/or sufficient conditions to define
the concepts (what
is needed is a complete but concise description in plain text of the
concepts in terms of
components and/or morphology and/or physical processes and/or
observational properties
and/or ..).

Andrea

P.S.: the end of RFC period for the PR UCDlist version 1.2 is approaching!

Andrea Preite Martinez                 andrea.preitemartinez at iasf-roma.inaf.it
IASF                                   Tel.IASF:+39.06.4993.4641
Via del Fosso del Cavaliere 100        Tel.CDS :+33.3.90242452
I-00133 Roma                           Cell.1  :+39.320.43.15.383
                                        Cell.2  :+39.