[Voevent-core] Fwd: standard vocabulary

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Wed May 17 21:27:51 PDT 2006

Thanks for the explanation, Roy.

> between them. At the moment we are just building the nodes,
> i.e. the controlled vocabulary.
> We could in the future build more structure.

But isn't something like 'process.variation.burst;em.X-ray' structured? Can
you also have burst.em.process? What is the difference between
process.variation.burst and process.burst.variation if there is any? If
there is a difference then it seems that there is some sort of semantic
meaning being invoked. No? or is it just that 'process.variation.burst' is
the term that has meaning, not the order of combination, and you have to
know that meaning to do anything with it?

T.