Multi-conference report: VO and SW

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 8 13:42:24 PST 2005

In our case we are purposely using URIs to identify objects but not
locate them - if we want to locate a particular instance we use a URL.
A given URI may resolve into multiple URLs pointing to multiple instances.

For example, we use an "ivo:" URI as a location independent dataset
identifier.  A query can find actual instances of the data, in which case
we have resolved the reference to the level where URLs are appropriate.

 	- Doug