VEP-015: relationship_type#References

gilles landais gilles.landais at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Mar 22 15:44:25 CET 2024

Thank for the analysis!

In a perfect world, qualifying the relations would be better. In
practice,  it is not a metadata that we can provide yet (VizieR built a
database in a  workflow existing from decades).
That's why rdfs:seeAlso (Baptiste proposal) is exactly what we expect
for VizieR.

The graph you propose (PropX) is a (frequent) relation in VizieR. I told
about that in a previous mail - however, it is is one among others (and
not always well flagged in VizieR metadata yet).
Furthermore, this PropX relation sounds too exotic  - I prefer generic
links !
For me, rdfs:SeeAlso makes the job of GenericRelationship.

Gilles