VEP-016 date_role#ExportRequested

gilles landais gilles.landais at astro.unistra.fr
Tue Mar 5 15:35:45 CET 2024

Hello,

The BibVO note proposes a way to link articles with data published in
the VO registry.
I like the idea to add a flag in VOregistry records to specify that a
dataset could be harvested by bibliographic services.
For my point of view, it allows to filter relevant datasets in a huge
amount of DOI resources. Relevant because the datasets are interoperable
according to the IVOA framework and with a sustainable URL because it
needs a DOI (see the BibVO requirement note).

So now for details (see also discussion in datacp mailing list).
Metadata in DOI and in VORegistry can evolve  - for instance, the
landing page URL (in bibvo examples the JSON output don't use DOI URL).
It sounds obvious that the bibliographic service needs to be aware of
changes. So, if a new date is needed(?), it should be an "update" date
such as the date @updated attribute in the registry.

More generally, BibVO proposes a JSON linking service independent of DOI
metadata - To provide this service looks simple to implement, but it
asks the data center to ensure that metadata in DOI and in the registry
are consistent.
Date of update for instance, but also relations ships existing in DOI
metadata and in the JSON service. Are there some advises on this point ?

Regards,
Gilles