Scheduling a Zoom meeting: Improving IVOA registration for new data service providers

Renaud Savalle renaud.savalle at obspm.fr
Mon Sep 11 15:37:18 CEST 2023

Hello All,

The IVOA Registry WG and Education IG are starting an effort to help
data providers with registration of their services and data collections.

Indeed we noticed that the IVOA registration process can appear complex
and needs a better onboarding process (see Slides 12 and 13 of
https://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/InterOpMay2023SciencePlatforms/AstroDataLab_RobertNikutta.pdf).

To improve the situation we would like to meet to listen to the
experience, needs and suggestions of data providers, especially at Rubin
Observatory and NOIRLAB.

We hope to discuss this effort at the next Interop meeting in Tucson,
however not all of us involved will be present.

We therefore propose to kickstart this effort with a Zoom brainstorming
meeting before the Interop.

Please visit
https://www.when2meet.com/?21297616-AN1dd
to let us know when you're available.

Thanks,

Renaud Savalle and Tess Jaffe, chairs of the IVOA Registry WG