VOResource PR #1

Renaud Savalle renaud.savalle at obspm.fr
Wed Dec 7 16:48:37 CET 2022

Dear Markus, Registry,

On 2022-10-17 13:06, Markus Demleitner wrote:
> Dear Registry,
>
> In August, we had decided we'd like to do a little maintenance
> release for UAT adoption rather than an Erratum
> (<http://mail.ivoa.net/pipermail/registry/2022-August/005499.html> and
> followups).
>
> Back then, I've make a PR to VOResource,
> https://github.com/ivoa-std/VOResource/pull/1.  It would be great if
> someone could review it.
>
> But beyond that: Do we want to have anything else in VOResource 1.2,
> if that's what this will be?

There is a growing interest (from some EPN-TAP providers) to add contributor types (possibly controled by a Vocabulary) in the VOResource schema (similar to what can be done with DataCite - see line 7a of Table 4 in http://schema.datacite.org/meta/kernel-4.3/doc/DataCite-MetadataKernel_v4.3.pdf)

This is somewhat related to the note "Data Origin in the VO" currently being drafted by the DCP WG: https://github.com/gilleslandais/ivoa-dcp-data-origin

Now, it might be too early for VOResource 1.2, as I understand that more discussions are planned about "Data Origin in the VO" during the next Interop meeting in 2023.

Renaud.

Renaud Savalle - renaud.savalle at obspm.fr
Observatoire de Paris, site de Meudon
5 Place Jules Janssen 92195 Meudon, France