Using Semantics in cross-discipline data discovery

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Feb 22 14:09:39 CET 2021

Dear Semantics, dear Registry,

Last Thursday, I've written a bit of code that hopefully makes our
Registry records a bit more useful for the people of the
general-purpose registry B2FIND: Basically, I map our fine-grained
terms to the few broad top-level categories in the UAT.

Since that's at the same time a nice example for how to do semantics
with our new frameworks, I've written this up in a blog post you
might want to skim over, also with a view to the upcoming VocInVO2
RFC:

https://blog.g-vo.org/semantics-cross-discipline-discovery-and-down-to-earth-code/

Perhaps that's also an inspiration of the operators of publishing
registries to prepare the migration to UAT subjects...

         -- Markus