No Registry Validation telecon! Thank you all!

Theresa Dower dower at stsci.edu
Mon Jan 13 22:15:56 CET 2020

Happy new year, registry!

As many of you know, there has been an ongoing project kicked off at the November 2018 interop meeting, to fix validation issues with the Registry of Registries and individual project registries worldwide, with updates at the in-person meetings and by telecon between. After the October 2019 meeting, I added to the Registry roadmap a follow-up telecon to address remaining issues from ESA's Registry Anomalies Report (https://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/InterOpOct2019Reg/20191012-Euro-VO_Registry_Ecosystem-Groningen.pdf). You may have noticed I have not sent around a scheduling poll.

Congratulations; we have fixed nearly every error remaining in validating registries against the RofR, and there are no longer known major high-profile issues affecting multiple registries left to talk about, which would warrant taking up multiple operators' time. I will follow up on the two validation errors and one persistent downtime issue left, offline. I am really proud of the state of things and of the work that's gone into this.  My sincere thank you to the developers and maintainers behind the RofR, to the major registry software packages that were changed, and to the individual curators for cleaning up records. Happy 2020.

--Theresa