deleting a record from the registry

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 17:07:29 CEST 2019

As you recall, we are operating a really simple hack OAI publishing
registry and I have reached the point where I have to delete some old
records. Looking at VOResource, I think the minimum I have to do is:

- set the status attr on the resource to "deleted"
- set the updated attr of the resource to current timestamp so it gets
harvested
- set the datestamp in the header to match

Is that it?

Can/should I remove other metadata? I'd like to remove the content and
capability elements, but would leave the title, shortName, identifier, and
curation in the "deleted" record".

thanks,

--
Patrick Dowler