Registry Ops (and library devs) RofR and validation efforts

Theresa Dower dower at stsci.edu
Tue Feb 12 22:09:30 CET 2019

Hello Registry!

This is a friendly reminder regarding the efforts started at the November '18 interop to bring registries up to a better validation state so we have a better understanding of which issues might be in validators or standards, in codebases that need fixed, or in registry records themselves.

As the maintainer of the NAVO searchable registry, I'm making a push in March to finish up outstanding issues we've had, and I'm happy to work with folks running other registries on RofR errors in other registries. Menelaus Perdikas, while not normally working on VO tasks, has also volunteered his help, and can take a better look at the RofR validator itself.  Hopefully we can also get some feedback from the projects that occasionally scan all the registries with a validator, earlier than usual before an interop as a reminder and measure of progress.

All the best, and hope to see many of you in Paris,

--Theresa