Setting up a registry

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Nov 15 16:18:06 CET 2017

Dear Registry community,

[Various publishing registry implementor reports]
On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 12:38:45PM +1100, Simon O'Toole wrote:
> These ideas will get us started at least :)
>
> We are interested in a python based implementation, so I will look at pyoai.

A page on getting into the registry that is a bit more accessible
than our standards text has been overdue anyway, so I've given it a
try at:

http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/GettingIntoTheRegistry

-- I've already tried to include what was said in this thread, but it
would be great if everyone could have a look and

(a) improve the prose to make it a read that's both pleasant and
    informative
(b) Add links (in particular, to source code and tools).

The page is currently linked from the Registry WG page.  If you know
other places the target audience of this might frequent and that
might let us link to the page, please let me know.

Thanks,

           Markus