New report feature for EuroVO Registry

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Mar 30 09:31:28 CEST 2017

Hi Costas,

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 04:46:37PM +0300, Kostandin Vrioni wrote:
> But note that we have a two dimensional categorization, the first
> dimension is:
>

> [a] RoR registry resource anomalies
> Anomalies discovered when examining solely the representation
> of registry resource records as made available by the RoR.
>

> [b] Harvested registry resource anomalies
> Anomalies discovered when examining the registry resource records
> as harvested from their respective publishing registries (and not as made available by the RoR)
>

> [c] RoR - harvested registry records discrepancies
> Discrepancies between the registry resource records as made available
> by the RoR and as harvested by their respective registries
>

> [d] Sui generis anomalies
> Anomalies not falling into one of the other categories
>

> and the second dimension:
> [i]  anomaly
> [ii] warning

I'd not sweat this too much (it's essentially a technical page rather
than something user facing, so wording is perhaps not so critical),
but I'll not hide that still feel that, when the two axes are
indendent, with this terminology you can have both "warnings" and
"anomalies" under a heading like "Sui generis anomalies".

Having said that I think at this point the service is good enough
as-is, and it should be mentioned at an appropriate place in our WG
wiki page: http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/IvoaResReg ("Some
Links" looks like a good place for now; I suppose eventually we
should clean up the RegistryOperations page and put in somewhere in
there).

Thanks,

          Markus