Discovering Data Collections RFC

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Thu Mar 2 15:33:47 CET 2017

Hi Markus,
I was reading the PEN before your RFC announcement.
I took the chance for committing a couple of typos.

I have a doubt: starting of Sec. 2.1.2 confuses me w.r.t.
Sec. 2.4, Data model discovery subsection, when speaking of
the capability xsi:type.

Considering that models will hopefully start to get attached to
collections I'm not sure I agree with or understand the last
sentence in §2.4.

I agree that data models apply to data collections, but letting
that declaration fall off the service descriptor looks a bit strange,
also considering the statement

"data models are characteristics for service enumeration and not
for data discovery"

In short: apologizing if this has already been discusses previously,
can you expand a bit on this point?

Cheers,
    Marco