Featherweight Publishing Registries

Walter Landry wlandry at caltech.edu
Sat Oct 29 06:09:55 CEST 2016

Hi Theresa,

Just to be clear, Atom feeds are described by an IETF RFC [1], so it
is just as standardized as OAI-PMH.  In addition, Atom feed clients
are ubiquitous, there are a wide variety of Atom tools, and, of
course, Atom has far, far larger adoption than OAI-PMH.

Also, since you talked about spending effort to improve the situation,
supporting Atom requires significantly less effort than writing
performant OAI-PMH services.  Updating an Atom file is just going to
be a lot easier than managing a service.

Cheers,
Walter Landry

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4287