Featherweight Publishing Registries

francoise.genova at astro.unistra.fr francoise.genova at astro.unistra.fr
Sat Oct 22 04:16:10 CEST 2016

We also have to be extremely careful before changing the registry for two key 'political' reasons:
. because it is reused by other disciplines, which is very important because it demonstrates that IVOA developments are adopted beyond astronomy.
. because OAI-PMH allows interoperability  with a wide range of open archive resources and the European 'overarching' project EUDAT, which in turns allows us to demonstrate that astronomical data is not an isolated island.

Many of us continuously have to make these points, which are more and more critical in particular in countries were funding on data aspects comes in generic calls, and not through disciplinary funding any more. There was a good reason to keep the Dublin core fully in the registry metadata as a requirement.

These points require very careful consideration. As explained by Alberto, there may be paths forward but this requires a serious assessment.

Francoise

Envoyé depuis mon appareil Android.