Standards in the RofR

Zografou, Panagoula pzografou at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed May 25 17:23:26 CEST 2016

Hi Theresa and all,

In Registry Interfaces 1.1 paragraph 4.1 I see the following:

"The Registry of Registries also contains the canonical VOResource
descriptions of the most recent versions of VOResource standards and
extensions themselves, which are of type vstd:Standard. "

This is correct in principle but the contents of this set in the RofR are
out-of date.

One can retrieve the currently registered standards and look at them as
follows:
http://rofr.ivoa.net/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=ivo_vor&set=Standard

In summary the RofR at the moment contains the following:

identifier
version           contact
---------           -----------
ivo://ivoa.net/std/RM
1.12               registry at ivoa.net
ivo://ivoa.net/std/ConeSearch
1.0               dal at ivoa.net
ivo://ivoa.net/std/SIA
1.0               dal at ivoa.net
ivo://ivoa.net/std/SimpleDALRegExt                      1.0
registry at ivoa.net
ivo://ivoa.net/std/SLAP
1.0               dal at ivoa.net
ivo://ivoa.net/std/SpectrumDM
1.1               dm at ivoa.net
ivo://ivoa.net/std/SSA
1.1               dal at ivoa.net
ivo://ivoa.net/std/StandardsRegExt                        1.0
registry at ivoa.net
ivo://ivoa.net/std/STC
1.33              dm at ivoa.net
ivo://ivoa.net/std/VOResource
1.0               registry at ivoa.net
ivo://ivoa.net/std/StandardsRegExt                        1.3
votable at ivoa.net

As one can see, some of the versions and possibly other contents of the
resource documents are incorrect and some documents for more recent
standards may by missing.

I am thinking that it would be the responsibility of the working group that
produces a standard to submit a new document to the RofR and this can be
done by mail to ivoa-rofr at cfa.harvard.edu. If you agree, can people that
can post to the various working groups please fwd this mail, I do not think
I can. Also if you know that there are other groups responsible for not
registered standards please include them and possibly make a wider
announcement to let all groups know about future standards registration.

Thanks,

Yulie