SimpleDALRegExt 1.1 WD

Mark Taylor M.B.Taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Jun 13 11:58:10 CEST 2016

Markus,

On Tue, 7 Jun 2016, Markus Demleitner wrote:

> Dear Registry,
>
> I completely forgot to announce here the availability of the
> SimpleDALRegExt 1.1 working draft at
>
> http://ivoa.net/documents/SimpleDALRegExt/20160525/
>
> I'd like to move to RFC fairly quicky (the minimal WG review time
> expires early July, so that's what I'm heading for).  If you've not
> had a look during internal WG review, I'd appreciate if you could do
> so now.  If you've had a look at the internal WD, there's little
> that's changed:

Some minor, and not-particularly-well-informed, suggestions:

Abstract:
   "... the four fundamental data access protocols - SCS, SIA, SSA, SLA"
   I'm not sure that fundamental is the best way to describe them,
   especially post-TAP.  Replace "fundamental" by "simple" or
   "first generation"?  Or just use the list of names without further
   editorialising?

Sec 2:
   The Note about how "many clients discover the standard endpoints..."
   is useful.  Could it be accompanied by a note or discussion about
   what the recommended way to do that is?

Sec 3.3.6:
   This section declares itself to be a temporary measure for services
   deployed prior to the SSA Recommendation (presumably SSA 1.03,
   Dec 2007?).  Should it be retired or deprecated now?

Appendix B.1:
   Heading is "Changes from PR-1.0" - I think that should be REC-1.0.

Also, there are some funny quote characters (U+201E?) in the LaTeX
source:

   % grep indicating.the.largest SimpleDALRegExt.tex
                          is „Cutout” or „Mosaic”, indicating the largest
                          is „Cutout” or „Mosaic”, indicating the largest
is there any reason?

Mark