TAPRegExt silent schema update?

Mark Taylor M.B.Taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jul 26 14:20:33 CEST 2016

Markus and TCG,

from a pragmatic point of view, this silent update sounds pretty
reasonable under the circumstances, so if nobody has any technical
objections then personally I'd support whatever rule-bending is
required to get it done.

However I have a quibble.  The updated XSD you mention
(https://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/registry/TAPRegExt/TAPRegExt-v1.0.xsd)
contains some minor but non-essential rewording and reformatting
compared to http://www.ivoa.net/xml/TAPRegExt/TAPRegExt-v1.0.xsd.
If a silent update is done, I think the updated version should be
as close to the original published xsd as possible, though including
a comment near the top explaining the change, when it happened
and with what authorization.  I'd like a diff to look as clean
and comprehensible as possible.  The XSD to be updated should
therefore undergo some tidying first (and I'd like to eyeball the
diff to make sure that the change really is as minor as Markus claims).

(One other minor point: the document
https://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/registry/tapregext-erratum1
you mention looks like a 404 to me, though the other source
http://docs.g-vo.org/TREErr1.pdf seems clear enough, so it doesn't
really matter.)

If this silent change is agreed, I will make the corresponding
changes in taplint (which currently issues a Warning, though not
an Error, if non-IdentifierURIs are contained in DataModel/@ivo-id).

Mark