finally taking nvo.stsci.edu down (redirect to new registry)

Theresa Dower dower at stsci.edu
Tue Feb 16 18:27:34 CET 2016

Hello all,

It has been our intention for years at this point to take down the original ST registry at http://nvo.stsci.edu/vor10, which is no longer being updated. All requests to that site shall redirect to pages under the new(ish) resource 1.0 version at  the https-enabled vao.stsci.edu/directory, which is mostly but not entirely backward compatible. Our RofR entry has long since pointed to the new site. I've scoured a few days of the logs and it doesn't look like any legitimate traffic is currently coming to the old site, but I wanted to make a final announcement just in case. This change will be made by the end of the week.

--Theresa