Identifiers 2.0 Public RFC results

Theresa Dower dower at stsci.edu
Fri Sep 25 17:05:27 CEST 2015

Markus,

Thanks for the clarification. Of course, as folks may or may not know the ST registry has quite incorrectly all along been handing IVOIDS as case-insensitive since our back-end database (and therefore clever keyword searching) behave that way by default, and we've never had operational issues with it that I'm aware of. But rules are rules, particularly long-standing ones with many registries' worth of content behind them, and I can accept it's probably best to leave the case-sensitivitiy for IVOIDs alone.

Forwarded back to the list in case this overview was of any use to anyone else.

--Theresa