Identifiers 2.0 Public RFC results

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 1 15:32:04 CEST 2015

Dear Registry,

Again on Identifiers 2.0 -- this one:

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 03:37:31PM +0200, Markus Demleitner wrote:
> or just download the whole built document from
> http://docs.g-vo.org/Identifiers.pdf (for a while).

[...]
> Given this is a fairly serious change, I'd like to give everyone
> interested another opportunity to re-read things.  I would, however,
> like to go to TCG review some time between now and Oct 10th or so.
> If you forsee you can't make it till then please let me know.

I've not also implemented a PubDID resolver working as outlined in
the spec (except it's only half-greedy: it will not stop at the first
match, although it won't hit the served-by services if it's
successful on the primary referenced service) at

http://dc.g-vo.org/ivoidval/q/didresolve/form

This assumes new-style ivoids -- if you already have some of those,
please give this a whack.

With this, I'd consider Identifiers 2.0 ready for TCG review.
Objections?

Cheers,

         Markus