Discovering Data Collections

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Aug 11 18:24:43 CEST 2015

So is the gist of the note is that this is like a symlink with the
ivo-id of the real service? And it is a bare vr:Capability with just
that minimal metadata (standardID, accessURL(s), etc) and the "extended"
record (eg *RegExt) is only in service? And there is a convention on
standardID to make these special...

And in (b) you are making a new RegExt with even less info - just the
ivo-id - and client must lookup the servive by ivo-id? I could see a lot
of value in including the standardID in the AuxiliaryCapability, but
after that adding more starts to increase cost more than value (because:
maintaining consistency). I would think ivo-id and standardID are very
stable while the rest could change for technical reasons...

Is it feasible to deprecate the (I assume) relatively unused
relationships? Or just remove them in a 2.0? Could that feasibly remove
both served-by and service-for in favour of (b)?

What would happen to RegTAP? Do aux capabilities need to be added ?

Pat

--
Patrick Dowler
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)