vizier full harvest

Sebastien Derriere sebastien.derriere at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Oct 23 16:13:30 CEST 2014

   Dear Registry enthusiasts,

   There are a few issues that have to be fixed and pending updates
in the VizieR publishing registry. Some have to do with curation
metadata, and therefore any change will impact instantly the
"updated" attribute of about 13000 individual Resources.

   Before committing these changes in the production registry,
I'd like to make sure that the sudden update of 13000 Resources
will not cause havoc on various harvesters.

   If you maintain a full registry and therefore harvest VizieR
resources, I'd like to hear your opinion on this : white flag ("ok,
go!"), red flag ("please wait until xxxday" or "tell us the exact date
so we can monitor closely the harvester when this happens"),
or "just try it and see what happens".

Sebastien

    (((    Sebastien Derriere     sebastien.derriere at astro.unistra.fr
   (. .)   Observatoire de Strasbourg       Phone +33 (0) 368 852 444
  (( v ))  11, rue de l'universite        Telefax +33 (0) 368 852 417
---m-m--- F-67000 Strasbourg  France