slight inconsistency (?) in document "IVOA Registry Interfaces v1.0" in Keyword Search Query section (2.1.3)

Menelaus Perdikeas mperdikeas at sciops.esa.int
Fri May 2 12:53:29 PDT 2014

Hi,

With reference to document "IVOA Registry Interfaces - Version 1.0":

    http://www.ivoa.net/documents/RegistryInterface/20091104/REC-RegistryInterface-1.0.pdf

Near the top of pg.18 (Section 2.1.3 Keyword Search Query) we read: "The operation only queries for active resources noted by status='active'".

Near the bottom of the same page we read: "For each active or inactive resource record ..." (incidentally, it is not clear to me why "resource record" is underlined as if to perhaps juxtapose "resource record" against "resource" earlier in the page - it is the only occurrence of "resource record" that's underlined in the document).

My interpretation is that the first provision takes precedence so that keyword search query is consistent with constraint-based search query (Section 2.1.2) where we read (end of pg. 15) "deleted and inactive records, therefore, should not be returned".

Cheers,
Menelaus Perdikeas.

content is not permitted.