inconsistent data between RofR and registry resource records

Menelaus Perdikeas mperdikeas at sciops.esa.int
Mon Mar 24 14:01:58 PDT 2014

Dear registry list,

I ran some tests to compare the data in the registry resource records I get from the RofR in the ivo_publishers set versus the data in the registry resources I harvest from their respective publishing registries in the ivo_managed set.

Certain inconsistencies were discovered. Some were on fields that do not affect harvesting logic (e.g. title or shortName and are not reported below - although they indicate a misalignment).

The "important" ones so to speak are reported below:

[1] Different managed authorities
These are cases were the registry resource in the RofR reports different managing authorities than the registry resource from the relevant registry. Attached in file M-0033.

[2] Same access URL / different IVOID mismatch
Cases where an access URL is associated in RofR with a given registry IVOID whereas a registry resource also exists for the same access URL but under a different IVOID. Attached in f ile M-0028.

[3] Different access URL / same IVOID mismatch
A single case where a different access URL is given for the same registry IVOID. Attached in file M-0034.

The files are generated automatically, hence the weird filenames (which I preserved to facilitate comparison with future re-runs). What is referred to as "Database" in the messages is the RegTAP database of ingested records.

I verified manually most, if not all, of the above results but some false positives, or some more fundamental misunderstanding that renders the above issues moot is not out of the question.

Kind Regards,
Menelaus Perdikeas.
content is not permitted.