RegTAP id change

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Feb 10 08:01:30 PST 2014

Dear Registry WG,

since nobody protested, the official short form of "IVOA Relational
Registry Schema" will now remain RegTAP.  Consider it an in-joke if
you will.

I still wanted to take the chance to change the standrard ID before
this goes PR; this is taking up the Obscore ID glitch as well as
StandardsRegExt.  With StandardRegExt, I will produce a registry
record for RegTAP as it goes PR, and version 1.0 will be an element
in that record.  Therefore, the standard ID for this (and, I claim,
for others as well) standard should be (something like)

  ivo://ivoa.net/std/RegTAP#v1.0

(as v1.0 is an item within ivo://ivoa.net/std/RegTAP, not a
standalone document, it must be a fragment rather than a path
element; the "vor" that's been there before hasn't made sense ever
since the STC thing got split off).

Protest if you totally detest this; if not, I'll prepare a PR release
of RegTAP RSN, with the only changes wrt the Dec 9 WD being this and
some terminology clarifiations (volute SVN rev 2418).

Cheers,

          Markus