inconsistent data between RofR and registry resource records

Pierre Le Sidaner pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
Wed Apr 9 02:00:19 PDT 2014

Late response

One of the major problem of registry contain is the maintenance. As
Jonathan Normand made the same as you did a full harvesting of
resources, we have stated a wiki page listing the major missfeature we
have face
http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/RegistryMisfeature

if it can help
The voparis full registry use a simple rest interface describe
http://api.voparis-tmp.obspm.fr/registry/
we give for all resource the provenance (registry hosting the resource)
that must be unique,

We have start an action in the registry working group to clean registry
contain, but it's a long and hard work and you are really welcome to
contribute by pushing the registry maintainer and/or the responsible of
resource to clean their VoResources. I hope you will present at next
Interop the problems you face in the registry session.

Regards
Pierre

On 03/24/2014 10:01 PM, Menelaus Perdikeas wrote:
> Dear registry list,
>
> I ran some tests to compare the data in the registry resource records
> I get from the RofR in the ivo_publishersset versus the data in the
> registry resources I harvest from their respective publishing
> registries in the ivo_managedset.
>
> Certain inconsistencies were discovered. Some were on fields that do
> not affect harvesting logic (e.g. titleor shortNameand are not
> reported below - although they indicate a misalignment).
>
> The "important" ones so to speak are reported below:
>
> *[1] Different managed authorities*
> These are cases were the registry resource in the RofR reports
> different managing authorities than the registry resource from the
> relevant registry. Attached in file M-0033.
>
> *[2] Same access URL / different IVOID mismatch*
> Cases where an access URL is associated in RofR with a given registry
> IVOID whereas a registry resource also exists for the same access URL
> but under a different IVOID. Attached in file M-0028.
>
> *[3] Different access URL / same IVOID mismatch*
> A single case where a different access URL is given for the same
> registry IVOID. Attached in file M-0034.
>
> The files are generated automatically, hence the weird filenames
> (which I preserved to facilitate comparison with future re-runs). What
> is referred to as "Database" in the messages is the RegTAP database of
> ingested records.
>
> I verified manually most, if not all, of the above results but some
> false positives, or some more fundamental misunderstanding that
> renders the above issues moot is not out of the question.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Menelaus Perdikeas.
> This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only.
> The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its
> content is not permitted.
> If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system.
> Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.

                            Pierre Le Sidaner
                         Observatoire de Paris

Division Informatique de l'Observatoire
Observatoire Virtuel 01 40 51 20 89
61, avenue de l'Observatoire 75014 Paris

mailto:pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
http://vo.obspm.fr