Relational Registry Resource DM

Paul Harrison paul.harrison at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Jun 13 07:41:39 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have made some progress on creating a relational model from the VOResouce schema on http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/RelationalRegistryDM

This model had using the smallest number of tables and potential joins as its uppermost design aim, and I believe that this model does achieve this aim if all the current cardinalities are to be supported* - I can see that there might be an argument for increasing this number by having explicit join tables so that many to many relationships can be supported in order to be able properly to normalise the model - e.g. between Resource and Contact.

Any comments before I have a go at adding VODataService.xsd?

Paul.

*see http://www.ivoa.net/pipermail/registry/2011-June/004799.html