just a trouble in registry query (may be harvesting)

Pierre Le Sidaner pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
Wed Feb 9 06:40:44 PST 2011

Le 09/02/2011 15:31, Mark Taylor a écrit :
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Pierre Le Sidaner wrote:

>>> Pierre,
>>>
>>> the problem is with the NVO registry.  Its Registry Interface 1.0
>>> interface used to work, but it has been broken since mid-2010.
>>> Since RI is the only IVOA standard way to query registries, that
>>> is what TOPCAT uses, so at present all queries from TOPCAT to the
>>> NVO registry fail, reporting no resources found.  I reported this
>>> to NVO in August last year and the problem is acknowledged,
>>> but there has been no fix.
>>>
>>> Mark
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mark Taylor   Astronomical Programmer   Physics, Bristol University, UK
>>> m.b.taylor at bris.ac.uk +44-117-928-8776 http://www.star.bris.ac.uk/~mbt/
>> Hi Mark
>>
>> But using their web interface (http://nvo.stsci.edu/vor10/index.aspx) nothing
>> come on request
>> from keyword, from identifier ....
>> This resource doesn't seem to be harvested to nvo
>> The strange thing is that it's an american resource (usually registered in US)
>>
>> Pierre
> Pierre,
>
> apologies, since you mentioned topcat I thought that was how you were
> querying the registry.  There must be a different problem if it's
> not appearing in the web interface either.
>
> Mark
>
> --
> Mark Taylor   Astronomical Programmer   Physics, Bristol University, UK
> m.b.taylor at bris.ac.uk +44-117-928-8776 http://www.star.bris.ac.uk/~mbt/
Sorry for my non clear first message

I was using tomcat to play with the exoplanet catalog promote by
observatoire de paris
To make some cross correlation I have used topcat facilities
Then the owner of the catalog asked me : what is this nasa catalog ?
I start to query informations from the NVO registry web interface and I
didn't find it, and then I came to the others registries interface with
more success.
  And then I wrote this email.

I hope it's more clear now
Cheers
Pierre

                            Pierre Le Sidaner
                         Observatoire de Paris

Division Informatique de l'Observatoire
Observatoire Virtuel 01 40 51 20 89
61, avenue de l'Observatoire 75014 Paris

mailto:pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
http://vo-web.obspm.fr