just a trouble in registry query (may be harvesting)

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 02:29:59 PST 2011

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Pierre Le Sidaner wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I am currently working on exoplanet catalog of the obs, trying to make cross
> correlation with other catalogs using topcat
>
> searching in the esac registry interface i find the nasa exoplanet catalog
> http://esavo.esa.int/registry/result.jsp?searchMethod=GetResource&identifier=ivo://nasa.heasarc/exoplanets
>
> also visible in the astrogrid registry
> http://registry.astrogrid.org/astrogrid-registry/main/viewResourceEntry.jsp?IVORN=ivo%3A%2F%2Fnasa.heasarc%2Fexoplanets
>
> but i am not able to find it in the nvo registry
>
> Is it a harvesting problem or misunderstood in the use of the interface

Pierre,

the problem is with the NVO registry.  Its Registry Interface 1.0
interface used to work, but it has been broken since mid-2010.
Since RI is the only IVOA standard way to query registries, that
is what TOPCAT uses, so at present all queries from TOPCAT to the
NVO registry fail, reporting no resources found.  I reported this
to NVO in August last year and the problem is acknowledged,
but there has been no fix.

Mark