Registry in RSS

Tom McGlynn Thomas.A.McGlynn at nasa.gov
Wed Jan 13 12:09:45 PST 2010

One thing that I've thought would potentially be very powerful would be
for observatories to tweet events of the form:
   "It's now YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS and I'm taking an image at RA,Dec with
CameraX"
One could do this with regular VOEvents (and I've mentioned it in that
context), but my sense is that it's much culturally attuned to how
tweeting is done generally.

If there were a significant density of tweets of this form, astronomers
could easily choose to make simultaneous observations  and develop
spontaneous collaborations.  They could mine also mine archived tweets
to find if there was data that might be useful a given project.

	Tom McGlynn