Registry in RSS

Mike Fitzpatrick fitz at noao.edu
Wed Jan 13 11:43:01 PST 2010

Not quite what I meant:  I know there are numerous feeds for actual
"VOEvents", what I was proposing was a feed for "VO Events" like
the availability of a new resource, overlaying the voevent infrastructure,
e.g. not that the Catalina Sky Survey found an object, but that the
CSS is now a broker for "Bob's-really-cool-GRB-followup-on-his-GalileoScope"
program.

The heretical part is that I see 'events' as a type of message, and little
difference between a GRB "stream" subscription, a "KBO" one, and
a "general msg" one.  Is the idea "there is something new on the sky"
really that much different than "there is something new in the Registry"?
Note I'm not quite yet suggesting IVOA address these cross-WG issues,
neither do I see a need for an emerging discussion on a new protocol
for Tweet/Rss that shares many similarities (at least wrt the 90/10 rule)
with existing standards.

-Mike