keyword search with the astrogrid java librairies

Alexandre RICHARD richard at newb6.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Sep 12 06:49:47 PDT 2008

Hi,

Sorry to post on the registry mailing lists a question specific to the
Astrogrid Java client libraries but I have two questions I am
struggling to get answers for, and I figured someone on the registry
list might just know these answers.

One of the use-cases I have been exploring recently with the ontology
of astronomical object types is a small webapp that uses the ontology
structure could find resources in a registry from a keyword or
expression (with hopefully interesting results!)

Finding such resources includes querying a registry. Following a
suggestion from Brice Gassmann who has used the
astrogrid  registry java libraries to query the registry, I have
started to use them for my own queries.

Among the good surprises for me, I have noticed that besides Xqueries
and ADQL, there is in
org.astrogrid.registry.client.query.QueryRegistry a function that can
be used to do a
keywordSearch, which is very interesting for me, but I have a few quick
questions which I hope someone will be able to answer.

- After looking at the old javadoc of the library, I have been able to
understand how keywordSearch(String) and keywordSearch(String, boolean)
are to be used but I must confess I have no idea what the more recent

keywordSearch(String, int, boolean)
keywordSearch(String, boolean, int, boolean)
keywordSearch(String, int, int, boolean)
keywordSearch(String, boolean, int, int, boolean)

are to be used. Obviously the first String is the space-separated
string of the keywords to search, but the other parameters I do not
know.

- Also, I was wondering how that keyword search was performed. Is it a plain
text search in the subject or author or description fields? or is it
something different?

Alexandre Richard
--
     _______
    /  ~   /, Alexandre RICHARD     mailto:richard at astro.u-strasbg.fr
   / ~~~~ //  Observatoire de Strasbourg    Phone +33 (0) 390 242 477
  /______//   11, rue de l'universite     Telefax +33 (0) 390 242 417
(______(/    F-67000 Strasbourg  France