Future directions

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu May 22 21:22:12 PDT 2008

Hey folks in Trieste,

I look forward to hearing what comes out of the Future Directions session
for registries.  I encourage open discussion and innovative ideas.  As
your humble working group chair, I thought I would also suggest that as
you consider how we might do things differently in registries to prefer
solutions that can be layered on the standards we already have.  For
example, consider whether the new idea can be standardized not as a change
to one our existing documents (e.g. RI, VOResource) but rather via new
separate document.  This will certainly make it easier to turn the idea
into a standard.