deleted records (RE: Harvesting experiences)

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Mon May 5 09:57:52 PDT 2008

I just wanted to comment about the transition. It appears that several
services we decomissioned have come back from the grave :-)

On the plus side, people do actually use the registered contact person to ask
if the service is supposed to be working. On the minus side, these services
were deleted over a year ago (registered via NCSA portal and still marked
deleted as far as I can tell) and since responsibilities have shifted around
internally the person getting the email doesn't typically know what the
current state should be, they forward it to someone else who also doesn't
know.... and eventually someone recalls "didn't we kill that thing last
year?"

No harm done; I just thought I'd let everyone know that this is being seen by
users.

--

Patrick Dowler
Tel/Tél: (250) 363-6914                  | fax/télécopieur: (250) 363-0045