updated SSA schema for the registry

Markus Dolensky mdolensk at eso.org
Wed Jan 30 03:54:22 PST 2008

Hi Ray & Registry Providers,

Although it should be clear from the text let me emphasize that the
order of compliance levels is

    { query << minimal << full }

and not {minimal,query,full} which is the order of their declaration. As
a reminder, 'query' was invented to support existing services and to
lower the hurdle for archives who cannot afford to implement data model
mediation.

Hence, my plea to registry interface designers is to make service
providers understand that 'minimal' is actually 'medium' compliant or
data model compliant. (And since the respective standard document
already uses the given terms the Schema has to stick to them
consistently, sorry).

Many thanks,
Markus as SSA co-editor