multiple capabilities of the same kind

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 15 07:13:29 PST 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Paul Harrison wrote:
> It seems that the motivation behind this is that each capability gives access
> is a different subset of the overall data set, other than that, the
> capability metadata are identical except for the different endpoints (and
> description elements) for each subset.

Okay--good.  I would say that the ideal way to register these would be:

   1.  A DataCollection resource describing the image archive.  It should
       include the references to the SIA resources as "served-by" related
       resources.

   2.  A CatalogService with SIA capability for the first collection
       subset.   It can have a "service-for" relationship to the above
       DataCollection resource.

   3.  A CatalogService with SIA capability for the second collection
       subset.   It, too, can have a "service-for" relationship to the
       above DataCollection resource.

hope this helps,