Alternative proposal

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Thu May 10 13:18:29 PDT 2007

One further comment: I'm not sure how far my proposal meets the fine/coarse
grained dispute. What I would say, however, is that if one particular store
chooses not to cache all levels of metadata, it ought not to be prejudiced.
So a query sent to a shallow store works as well as one sent to a deep
store. Ie, if the query includes terms not in the store, it ignores them and
only uses the terms to hand - maybe with a flag returned indicating so. I
*think* this is how xquery works against incomplete data structures.

Does this meet the fine/coarse issue?

T.