Detailed agenda for Registry Sessions

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu May 10 06:52:06 PDT 2007

Hi RWGers,

Please find below the detailed agenda for our Registry sessions next
week based on the rough schedule I submitted previously.  (When I can
reach the IVOA twiki again, it will appear there, too.)

PLEASE NOTE:  I am interested in switching the agendas for sessions 2 and
3.  The reason is that I believe the presentations from Noel, Sebastien,
and Laszlo will provide helpful input into the general discussion of
graininess in the registries.  I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR BACK FROM EVERYONE
SCHEDULED IN THOSE SESSIONS TO RESPOND AS TO WHETHER THIS SWITCH WILL
WORK.  This includes:
     Sebastien Derriere
     Laszlo Dobos
     Norman Gray
     Paul Harrison
     Ray Plante
     Aurelien Stebe
     Noel Winstanley

We will make accommadations as necessary/possible.  Thanks!

Ray

Registry Session Agenda

  Reg-1:  Monday 14:00 - 15:05
    Upgrade Status & Standard Issues
      Roadmap Overview & Standard Issues        (10m)  Ray Plante
         other efforts, discussion              (15m)
    Graininess I
      Introduction                              (15m)  Ray Plante
        discussion                              (10m)

  Reg-2: Tuesday 10:30 - 11:25
    New Standards and Schema Extensions |  |
      How to define and standardize extensions  (10m)  Ray Plante
        discussion                               (5m)
      VOApps and VOStandard                     (15m)  Paul Harrison
      Outreach: metadata for PR images          (10m)  Ray Plante
      Roadmap for Standardization               (15m)  Ray Plante
    Graininess II
      The ESAC Perspective                      (10m)  Aurelien Stebe
      Proposals for handling table metadata     (10m)  Ray Plante
        discussion                              (15m)

  Reg-3: Thursday 14:00 - 15:30
    Advanced Discovery Techniques
      The AstroGrid VOExplorer                  (15m)  Noel Winstanley
      Table Discovery and Mining                (15m)  Sebastien Derriere
      Footprint Services                        (15m)  Laszlo Dobos
      Semantics-based Discovery                 (15m)  Norman Gray