potential changes to VODataService!

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 06:32:38 PDT 2007

I added a comment as well to the wiki page.

Here it is pasted:
Originally did not have much of a problem with the Proposal, but
thinking a little more one small problem here in Astrogrid is we have
released upgraded a few registries already and the XML must validate to
schema to be allowed into the registry, if a user comes in and writes
XML to the 'new' namespace schema whereby placing a few of those
optional elements it will reject his entry because it is invalid (the
registry knows about the 'old' schema).  I suspect I will need to
upgrade these registries anyways for a few minor fixes in OAI so maybe
it is not a huge issue, but I think it is more wise to do the Alternate
proposal and use a different namespace since this 1.0 schema is already
public.  Also note I am thinking this might break one of your rules you
mentioned on Nov 21 'Version Numbers on XMLSchemata' see this url:
http://www.ivoa.net/forum/registry/0611/1760.htm

cheers,
Kevin